I can't believe that it was two years ago that we set out to live in Guatemala. I feel like it is so easy to forget now that we are home and back in the swing of things. We really do become accustomed to the type of lifestyle we are offered by living here in the United States. I forget how lucky we are and the things that we take for granted and think of as normal. Brady and I learned so much about ourselves while we lived among these people. We were so lucky that they opened their homes and culture to us. I never want to forget how nice it is to have a washing machine, or water available right at the tap, not to mention air conditioning, or even just ceiling fans! It was so hot all the time. The people were so fun especially the kids, they tried so hard to talk to us all the time, we never would have learned any Q'eqchi' if it weren't for them. I would go back tomorrow if we could. It's nice to be home, but it was so hard to leave behind.
Saturday, February 2, 2008
Guatemala
Posted by brooke at 12:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That little girl is so cute I can't stand it.
I love those kids. Even though they don't have the things that make life easy they still look happy.
Post a Comment