Monday, November 22, 2010

s.w.a.k.


my kids are mouth kissers. even from newborn-dom, they both always have gone straight for the lips. i've always thought it was cute despite the vicious onslaught of saliva. it always felt like a little "i love you mom" moment. sweet. right?

i met a mom once who said she never, ever kisses her kids on the mouth, that it is 'just too weird'. she didn't want to raise mouth kissers.

so i wonder, am i abnormal? it just never seemed horribly strange to me....am i raising loose-lipped children that will only bring me grief and regret (and possibly grand children out of wedlock)?

is it really going to have an effect on their adult-selves?

i mean i never grew up kissing my parents on the mouth, so.....?

either way, a tiny part of my heart might break if i decided their bright futures would eventually be dimmed by all this mouth kissing, so i think i should just let it be.

if they want to kiss me on my mouth, so be it. i could only be so lucky...

11 comments:

ames said...

keep it up, brooke. the non-mouth kissing moms should feel ashamed. i'm mouth kissing my kids all the time. we should do a study on this. let's collaborate

THE FAMILY OF OAK said...

I thought it was so weird when I saw kids kissing their parents on the mouth, but I am a mouth kisser too. hahaha Funny huh? Anyway, maybe that is why when Max gets sick I get sick....but I love kissing those sweet little lips.

SMT Family said...

Only mouth-kissers around here. Savvy has been all about kisses since she was itty-bitty too. I think it is the sweetest thing. Still yet to see how annoying she is in nursery, wanting to kiss bye-bye to everyone, but hey, it makes me feel appreciated for all of my hard work. I say you should enjoy the love!

Anonymous said...

I love those sweet, slobbery kisses! I'm going to enjoy my sweet kisses as long as I can!

Spencer Reeve said...

My friends we all taking how they don't kiss their kids past toddlerhood and well Brooklyn's 7 and she still kisses me, so who knows, but baby kisses are the best, Noah always grabs my face and attacks it I absolutely love it!

motherofangels said...

I kiss all my kids on the mouth, even my 8 yr old still wants a kiss. There is nothing wrong with it! In most of the world people kiss as a greating. It is only in North America that it is "weird" to some.

You show love to your kids however it works for your family!

Just the 2 of Us! said...

Houst I think it's adorable, as long as it doesn't continue to happen into the teenage years :) You have beautiful boys, just like their mother. Miss ya :)

Heather B said...

Love mouth kisses from my kids! I'm sure they'll stop when they're older, but for now...can't get enough. :)

Christa said...

Hooray you are back!!! LOVE the hair! And Brady is done, hooray!!! So what's next??? Keep me posted, we need to catch up :)

Tiffany said...

Welcome back! missed you.

Lindsey Hicks said...

Bryan and I both smooch Norah right on the lips. We might not do that when she is in middle school but seriously -- when their kiddos who can resist?