Tuesday, February 3, 2009

um...finally

i'm not sure even where to begin... it has been so long..too long, i think, for the formal 'here is our fabulous life and that's why i was too busy to update' update..so i think i will just pick up from today.
suffice it to say we had a great holiday season, including thanksgiving (yes it has been that long) which we spent in boston thanks to the awesome-est tom and kaci.....

boston family photo
it was good to see some familiar faces in utah, so thanks to all for making time for me....and Christmas was good, we opted to ditch the worst weather i have ever seen in erie (sorry wes and jodi) and headed back Christmas eve to new york where i swear all we did was eat for the next three days. eli loved Christmas and i am excited for him to continue to get older each year, it was so fun to watch him...
eli didn't mind nasty erie weather
Christmas Morning
so that was my non-update update.....but it had to be done....

today.....

shrek 2 has made its debut in our home, and the end is no where in sight..."shize" as eli calls him is the first face i see in the morning, and the one to lull me to sleep at night. tv/movies were introduced to eli over the break, and boy did it take.....watching "mowie's" is his favorite, second only to playing in the snow...

tv has also taken on a new role in my life....since we don't have tv, we have started watching 'seasons' of older shows and most recently finished heroes season 1 and started 24 and 30 rock... i think i love tv....especially when i don't have to wait a whole week to see what happens next...its revolutionary. really.

well i hope this wasn't as painful to read as it was to write, i can never think of what to say and my computer is too full to load many more pictures, so i just checked out..... but under threats from my mother who only cares about the pictures...i finally did it.

8 comments:

Kara's Party Ideas said...

yay...you updated :). sounds like you guys had a great holiday season. how cool would it be to celebrate them in boston & new york?! i'm jealous! eli's so cute.
p.s. i love the shakira

XO said...

I LOVE his hair! Good for you for updating :)

THE FAMILY OF OAK said...

WAHOO!! You posted. I love the update and seriously you are so funny. I think those are your gloves on Eli in the boston pic (which is an amazing pic of you, you are beautiful) and those gloves are awesome. Unless they are your socks and then that is gross. And shiz?!? as in "the shiz?!" if so, that ROCKS and if not, that still rocks that he is watching shrek lol. He is absolutely so stinkin cute that I wanna squeeze him. And I am glad you updated. It is nice to see you are doing well and are happy as can be:)

Jess said...

okay how exactly does he pronounces shize because that is awesome!! I love you guys and miss you like none other I wish I was rich because I would come every weekend!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!

Tiffany said...

I just saw you on Jess Jewkes blog and had to come check out your blog. Eli is adorable and you look great! Sounds like life is treating you well, I'm sure I'll be stalking from here on out...
-Tiffany (Fox) Hewlett

Unknown said...

What is it about Shrek 2? Zander had an obsession with it and was all he wanted to watch day in and day out. I even went to the library and got shrek 1 and 3 to, ya know, mix it up a bit....he didn't want anything to do with them. I'm sure before long you will be quoting the entire thing and singing all of the songs. Get used to it- next it will be finding nemo.

Linley and Austin said...

Yeah a new post!!! :) So when I was reading about how Eli loves Shrek, it made me laugh because Kylie is IN LOVE with the Tinkerbell movie and will literally stand or sit in front of the TV and watch the whole thing. I need to be careful though that the TV doesn't become her new mother...

Kalli said...

well its about time I am bad at blogging but I have managed like a one new post a month so I am better than you :) I miss Eli look at how cute he is and I am so with you on watching a whole season of one show at once did you love Heroes? Well call me I got a package today and can't wait to open it cause everytime I touch it something makes a noise I wonder what it is?!!