Saturday, April 4, 2009

eli and 'rowee'

a boy and his dog. nothing beats that.

there's just one problem: it's not his dog.

roxy is grandma's new puppy, the new puppy that lives in utah, not new york. but the more time that passes the more convinced i become that not even the distance between them will dim eli's memories.

it was love at first sight, i'm sure.
(the fact that all eli ever wanted to do was feed her treats probably didn't hurt either.)
whatever it was, every time we see a dog eli is reminded of the absence of his friend, and for the next ten minutes all i hear is "rowee, rowee?" in the most pathetic and whiny voice i have ever heard. it breaks my heart. he was so happy and content to be with that playful pup, i just need to find a way to get her here!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jodi said...

How cute they are together! He look sooo big, I love the flannel shirt! Roxy looks like such a great dog, so cute and playful together. How do you do this collage of pictures, I love it!?

Mom at Our House said...

Oh so sad/cute. I guess you need to look into an apartment that will let dogs live there also. He can have a Rowee Jr.

Trina said...

I can't believe how much Eli looks like Owen. I thought those were picture of Owen.
That's cute that he loves the down so much. Is Rowee the dogs name?

THE FAMILY OF OAK said...

Oh my goodness Brooke. He is SOOOO big!!! His haircut totally changed the way he looked!!!!!!! He is so freaking cute and that is so cute about him and the dog. I'll have Dorth send you lucy so you can teach eli how to scoot.