i really did have my own blog post almost ready- it was a perfect thought doing cartwheels in my brain. you know- the gymnast worthy, one handed kind of cartwheels. really great stuff.
my posts are always like that, but for some reason i sit down at the computer and my acrobatic thoughts fail to communicate with my impatient i-want-to-post-and-be-done-with-it fingers.
so i settle and hope that i still get a few comments out of the deal.
which means i can't complain that my blog was hi-jacked by terrorists
(sorry, we've been watching a LOT of 24 lately).....
well, one big crafty sinister yet very good looking (and well-meaning) terrorist.
don't worry-he is serving his time as i type.
he is right though, we have been busy lately,
dc was lots of fun, but kind of forever ago.

as was new york
(thank you sam and amy)
eli always picks up the phone and talks of his long lost millie love.....more on that later.
all of the new york pictures happen to be from coney island, regrettably we were too lazy to pull out the camera otherwise.
it was a fun relaxing day and a really, REALLY long train ride. really. like over an hour, which we were not expecting, i thought 30 min. tops. nope. not even close.
we made up for it playing lots in the sand and water
we ate at the original nathan's famous (the best hotdog ever. promise.)
we did not 'shoot the freak'
or ride the ferris wheel.
or the teacups.
or anything for that matter.
just the train (twice).
good times, and eli's first beach experience, so, well worth it.

and lastly,
a farewell to long,
unruly,
unmanageable,
and frequently quite disheveled locks.
it was time.
knowing i would be cutting my hair off i told brady
we needed to get some last minute family pictures in case
(1) i hate it (and i confess, i don't love it)
and/or
(2) i have difficulties wanting/remembering how to actually do my hair.
(actually both are true in this case)
but family pictures were a success even in the unfriendly-to-my-frizzy-hair humidity

the kimbles joined the fun bringing another camera and some professional ski resort experience.
and their cute little luke whom eli refers to as 'yuke'
everything is more fun with 'yuke'.
maybe in another month i will get pictures of the new hair on here too......
p.s. be sure to click on the collages, they are so much easier to see that way!
13 comments:
You guys look like a j.crew catalog lol. I love your family pics. Way cute. And your hair was WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY long. Pics please of the new haircut. My hair is really short now too, and I just put it up every single day. lol. Eli is a doll.
Yeah you do need to blog more often cause you do tons of fun stuff!!!!! I love the family pictures.. they are SO CUTE!!!! Jorg was right, you do look like a j.crew catalog! HEHE Let's see pictures of your short hair... you're cute no matter what your hair looks like!
So cute Brooke, I love the family pictures. Where is everyone getting these darling headbands?? I need one :)
Looks like you're having a blast on the East Coast, (of course because it's fabulous) are you ever going to come back west? Brady has one more year right?
Miss ya, love ya
Dang girl- you are looking FINE!!! I can't believe how skinny you are!!! I need to see you guys (especially little Eli- what a doll)
ooohhh... i like the one in the middle! (reminds me of my favorite one of the kimble fam, but with way cute blond people!)
I love your family pictures. I think I even miss you long hair looking at these. Beautiful!
love the pictures! what a beautiful familia. keep posting...i already feel like i'm missing everything that's cool and fun and exciting and rad.
yeah for a post. and please post the new haircut. you guys are as cute as ever!
SUCH A CUTE FREAKING POST! YOur hair... AMAZING. YOu have THE cutest lil family
I wanna see the new do! Your pictures are so cute
Brooke, you look amazing! You skinny little thing :) Love the family pictures. Eli looks adorable with is hair cut. I am dreading the day I cut Kylie's hair. I have this fear her curls will never grow back. Anyway, can't wait to see the pics of your new hair cut!
Hey! I finally Blogged! Your pictures are great. I am amazed i have grown my hair out for like 6 years and I haven't seen you in like 4 months and its already longer than mine. Jealous. Anyways - wish you were coming to the reunion!
Post a Comment