In June of 2004 Brooke and I took a group of Americans to Bolivia to help build a schoolhouse. Early one morning, before the project started we gathered with some of the village leaders in a circle and the village shaman offered a prayer to the spirits and scattered some coca leaves on the ground to foretell the success of the project. The spirits were kind that day as the leaves told of a successful project and we got started. As it turns out the project did go well, despite the help of a bunch of Americans and we had a great honeymoon.
Fast forward 5+ years….
Brooke, Eli, and I went over to our garden early one Saturday morning a few weeks ago to reap the remainder of our meager harvest. It was mostly just carrots left so I dug them up carefully while Eli tossed a few around and Brooke watched. Brooke is pregnant and as a result has difficulty tying shoes, cutting toenails and digging carrots so I let her sit this one out. While digging, however, I happened upon this little marvel and couldn’t help but wonder if I’m not some sort of shaman myself. As many of you know, this baby coming in February is supposed to be a surprise but I can’t help but wonder if the spirits aren’t trying to communicate something here, much like those coca leaves on the Altiplano. Now I’m not claiming anything here and I don’t want you all seeking my advice, unless of course you can pay for it. I just thought I’d make a little prediction and make it public, just for the record.
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Another Rogue Post
Posted by brooke at 8:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
That is FANTASTIC! haha I love it!
hahahahahaha! Love it. I've never seen anything like it.
Oh Brady I just love ya!
I'm sorry, but I just have to insist that you have a girl.
Amazing. Too bad it came just barely too late for fast and testimony meeting! It'll be February before we have another in the branch and most people will have forgotten.
brady, you are so gross.
sicko.
and brooke, look i'm commenting on a brady post again! the streak continues...
and must i remind you two that all this "not knowing" is completely unnecessary. you could know. brats.
Hahahaha I think you have a 50/50 shot at being a shaman on this one! Pretty amazing veggie you have there.
I always love your rogue posts. Do them more often!
Miss you guys. Can't wait to hear about the baby.
Congrats! We did not know you were prego. We miss NY, but love being in Idaho. Good Luck in February!
Hysterical! Its a sign!
I would never have thought of it, but now that you mention it!!
Growing up, we reaped some pretty crazy carrot too!
Post a Comment