Saturday, April 19, 2008

Ithaca Here We Come!!!!



Finally a new post, a new path, a new town, a new school, lots of 'news' for our little family! Brady has finally made the decision and we are moving to Ithaca NY in August where Brady will be attending Cornell for 2 years! Needless to say that was where I wanted to go for my own personal reasons but tried (a little unsuccessfully) to let him make the decision all by himself because I don't want him to have any regrets in the future. What I mean by unsuccessfully is that I think it was pretty clear to Brady what I wanted, but he did make the decision on his own, and claims it was independent of any of my wants. He said he just feels like that is where we need to be. From everything I have read, it sounds like an awesome place to be and I am thrilled! Thanks for all your advice. I am just relieved we finally have a concrete plan for the next 2 years. That's probably a record for us....

14 comments:

Tiffini said...

I can't tell you how excited Ryan and I are! We mapquested it and we're 7 hours and 22 minutes. We'll have to meet up in all the spare time lol and go ice climbing. I'm glad he came to a conclusion and feels good about it. Congrats on having options :)

Paul said...

What a good feeling to know where and what you are doing. I'm very excited for you guys and for your new adventure together. I just have to keep telling myself that 2 years isn't a very long time to be away from you! Although I am saying that, I'm sure you guys won't ever move back because you'll love New England so much that you won't ever want to leave. BOO HOO! By the way, did you have a fun birthday? I was so sad that I didn't get to go to your celebration! How is it being 27? I'm not looking very forward to it!

Kara's Party Ideas said...

hey brooke,
that's so awesome! how exciting for you guys!!! what a fun opportunity! congrats!
as for your question...
i make up my backgrounds :) i have to go into the html code and copy and paste etc. most of my backgrounds are actually scrapbook paper that i download to photobucket :) it really isn't that hard once u get the hang of it. i think there's a blog that explains how to do it all :)

Linley and Austin said...

Yeah! A lot of new adventures for you guys! When are you guys moving? When I can figure out a time that will work for everyone, I'd like to have you and Brady and Kali and JR over for dinner :) Congrats again!

Jennikunz said...

I'm coming to stay with you for like a month after you move...so prepare. See you onthe 26th.

Katie said...

Is that a picture from there??? It looks amazing! How fun.... I'm sure you'll have tons of fun, you adapt to anywhere you go, and you're such a people person!

Jobi Niu said...

How exciting!! That'll be a fun, new change for you and your cute family!

Thekrogwoman said...

Way to go! That's exciting and I hope it will be a great experience for you and your family!

kEnZiE b said...

CONGRATS!! That is so exciting! What a fun new adventure for you and your little family!!

Christa said...

you are so sweet to remember me! I miss you! and that is so awesome you are going to NY. You guys will absolutely love it. So, we definitely need to get together (more than once) before you leave. I can come down there or you can come here or we can meet in SLC at the Cheesecake Factory :) i just can't wait to see you and your darling baby!

Cindy said...

Congrats! It'll be awesome. When do you go?

Heather B said...

BROOKE!!! HOW ARE YA!! It's Heather (from pizza factory) and man, we have some catching up to do! You married a total hottie and have the cutest baby! And moving to New York!! WOW! Ok, so email me your email address so I can add you to my blog...heatheresplin at yahoo dot com. Yay!

kEnZiE b said...

Hey, I made my blog private.. I need your address so that I can invite you!! email me at kenzieblank@hotmail.com!!

Katie said...

Hey... I'm going to make my blog private. I need your email address so that I can add you! You can just email me at katiejolamb@hotmail. THANKS! :)