Monday, September 8, 2008

I Am Back

Wow- I can't believe how long it has been but I finally stole a chance (and an internet connection) to link back up with the rest of the world. I write from our quiet little corner of Ithaca, NY. It is a great area and our apt complex is so fun with lots of kids running round. Eli is getting around good, he loves to be outside and he loves it when his daddy comes home from school. The humidity makes his hair so curly too. Love it.

Brady has been in school for about 2 weeks now and he loves it. It's pretty intense, but he just treats it like a job and goes from about 7-4 sometimes 6. Those are harder days for us, but really I can't complain. Being in our own place has been great, we miss all the fam, but its nice to breathe again too with a regular schedule and what not. So here are a few pics of Eli in front of our apts.


See how sad he is mostly because he wishes people (grandmas) would come and visit. I had just told him they weren't coming and he made this face, I just had to post it to tug the heartstrings.
He loves playing out here on the blanket, and he is really excited he found his mommy's shoe...

12 comments:

thejindras said...

Oh, Eli I miss you too! I love the curly hair...Oh! We are so jealous

XO said...

Yay! You're back! I'm so jealous that you'll be in New England for the fall. I'll probably grind my teeth in my sleep tonight, I'm so jealous.

I hear you on how it's hard to be away from family and yet it's nice to have your own little space. I'm glad you're liking Ithaca so far!

Smith Family said...

Thanks Brooke! Good info. I know, I can't believe how exact the timing was. Ah, well. Summer/Fall was my favorite time of year in Boston. ENJOY! Plus, we loved being in a place where only a few hours drive and you were in another world. Wish we would have taken more advantage. How many years is school? Any cool neighbors/ward members? Don't worry, I am sure you have family members on their way RIGHT NOW after that darling photo. Hope all goes well!

Smith Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kalli said...

Well we miss you guys but are happy you have your own little place now and space eh?! I love Eli's curls and wish we were able to come and visit soon but I doubt that will happen. Hope everything just gets better sure love you guys...P.S. tell Brady that Allen our awesome next door neighbor had a tool that helped us get that screw out of the crib so we could finally lower it, thank you Allen!!

Christa said...

Brooke!! I've missed you! I'm so happy you are all settled in your new area. I'm jealous, it is beautiful there!!! Eli is getting a rounder face since I saw him,
:) so cute, love the curls. How long are you out there for? I forgot. I'm so happy we stay in touch this way, at least you're not in Peru!!!! (for now anyways :)

THE FAMILY OF OAK said...

Hi Brooke! I am so glad you posted!!!! Those curls!?!?!?!?!!?!? HOW CUTE IS HE?!?!?!?!?!?

Spencer Reeve said...

Oh I love those curls, I cut off Gavin's a few months back and it was pretty tough, I'm glad you guys are doing good out in NY, sounds exciting!

Anonymous said...

oh he looks so sad in the 2nd picture. It is tough not having family close.

Linley and Austin said...

Love the curls! He's growing up to be a handsome feller :) Hope you like it in NY. Let us know when you come visit Utah! Miss you guys!

Tiffany said...

I'm glad you guys are liking your new place. The little guy who passed away was my boss's nephew. He was only 4 years old and got hit by a 15 year old driver. The cutest little kid :(

Thekrogwoman said...

Brooke, he's adorable!! What a Cutie!! Glad things are going good. Keep in touch!