Sunday, September 28, 2008

Kell the Hell

Yep, that's the name of my latest conquest. Kell the Hell's half marathon plus. Kell because Kelli is who I run my long runs with, without her I would be no where. Hell because that's what I would have to do all day if I go to hell. Run up hills. Big Ithaca NY sized ones. The half marathon part you all should get. The plus because it turned into 14 miles actually. So that was my fun Sat. Although I am pretty sure anyone who knows me will probably not believe I ran fourteen miles in a row, believe me, I have got the sore legs to prove it.......Do I really want to run a marathon? Yes. Right now I do, but at about mile 13 I think, if I were only half way right now, which car could I throw myself in front of that would put me down the quickest?
Ha ha. I am just kidding, about the throwing myself in front of a car part. Its weird but I have never enjoyed running before until now. Maybe I am just so bored living far away from all of you that this is my pathetic replacement. So come visit!

18 comments:

Spencer Reeve said...

Good for you! I don't know if I could ever do more than a 10K, it definitely helps if you have someone to go with though.

Cindy said...

You can do it! Trust me, if I can run a marathon..ANYONE can. Good luck and keep us posted.

Tiffany said...

That's amazing! Seriously! I ran a whole ONE mile yesterday and almost died.

Anonymous said...

sometimes I get winded just walking to the fridge to grab another Mt. Dew. I like to consider myself far to lazy to even think of a marathon. But you say moving away has made you bored enough to do it. Maybe moving to Washington will make me want to do it also.

THE FAMILY OF OAK said...

You are hilarious. You move away and you just decide to run like a wild woman??!?!?!? So, you just up and start running? WHO DOES THAT?!?!?! Brooke. That is who. I love it. Congrats and good luck.

THE FAMILY OF OAK said...

and im really sad you took off that so blessed girl, i can't find her now and I loved reading her stuff. why did you remove her?

brooke said...

I thought it was so funny at first too but if you haven't read it for a while it is almost like she knows lots of people are reading her stuff and its still sort of funny, but as if shes trying to hard, ya know? Her natural 'finding humor in the exaggerated truth' was funny but then it felt like she went way over the top and it started to get annoying...grasping in a way to maintain ot outdo the original creativity but the blog is seriouslysoblessed.blogspot I think.... I still look every so often too, but I don't know she lost her edge for me.

Sarah said...

Hey Brooke!! So glad you came across my blog! Your son is adorable and it's pretty amazing you are training for a marathon!! I ran a half in January and then tackled a sprint tri last month...it is fun to train and accomplish stuff like that but hells bells it's tuff!! You rock...I don't know if I could run a full, the half pretty much killed me! Hope it's ok that I add you on my buddy list! Take care:)

Unknown said...

GO BROOKIE!!!! I can't believe that you ran that far! Just thinking about running 14 miles makes me want to throw myself in front of a bus. Hey I have an idea, how about if I come and visit you will you carry me the fourteen miles?? Just a thought.

Heather B said...

Wow, you go girl! I've never liked running either, maybe I just need to move to some far, remote location too. I'd love to come to visit! Well, someday anyway.

Lindsay Bowen said...

YOur a rockstar! I am determined to run a half marathon too. Full makes me want to die as well, but half would be awesome!
Hope NY is fun, you guys are the best!
Take care!
Linds

Smith Family said...

WOWZA!!!

Judd Family said...

Brooke,
This is Gentry from Pizza Factory. I found you on my Sarah Horsley's blog. (She set me up with her cousin and we got married). Anyway just wanted to say hi and hope everything is going well in New York!

Jennikunz said...

if I came to visit what airport would i fly into and what would we do?

Christa said...

I'm so impressed!! Remember the days of running on the treadmill's at Dixie and staring at our legs and the cute boys behind us in those weird mirrors?!? You could always out run me!!!

Kristin said...

wow. I'm impressed you even want to, let alone can... I can't breath if I walk up the stairs too fast...

On another note, I'm moving my blog, weird stalkers... if you want to know where it is let me know, but in the meantime, please take my name off your blog rolls. Thanks.

Carly Johnston said...

I love it! I really wanted to do a triathlon until I found out you have to run. I can swim and bike but run??? H no.

I have a blog now too!

Trina said...

I found you and added you to my blog. Let me know if that's not okay.