Well we had a birthday! It is weird to think that Eli is already one, and has been for a month, but it has taken me this long just to get the pictures from the camera to the computer. We had some neighbors and friends come over and had cupcakes and ice cream, kind of a last minute thing, but it was fun.
I think though, reflecting that it was as much a celebration for Brady and I, we actually made it through one year of parenting, I know to all you veteran parents out there that might seem silly but that first year tried us in ways we never thought it would. But anyway, its over! In retrospect it wasn't as bad as at times it felt, plus he's probably the cutest kid ever......
So we let him have a go at his turtle cake, yes I made it.....not quite like my mothers cakes, but getting there! He didn't want anything to do with it, as soon as he had frosting on his hands and a little in his mouth he was finished, he only managed to destroy the front foot of our little turtle here... but it was a good day..
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Birthday Boy
Posted by brooke at 8:16 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! That is the cutest cake Brooke, I am so proud of you:) What a fun and cute idea.
You did a GREAT job on the cake! I'm impressed.
Cute pix.
hermana.... wow... we lived together how long and i had no idea you had these cake making skills?!? que cosa... that cake is awesome... what is the stuff that the turtle is laying on? i can't believe eli is one! you guys are incredible parents.. we miss you.
oh yeah...crunched up nila wafers to give it the beachy sand effect..
WOW Brookie, you've got skills! I had no idea you were so domestic! Baby Eli isn't a baby anymore- I can't believe he is one! I miss you guys a ton.
Happy Birthday Eli! (A little late) The cake looks awesome. If you go to the Betty Crocker website, they have cute ideas for cakes. That is where I got the idea for Benson's Train cake. They also have video's to show you step by step how to do it
Wow! I can't believe he is one either, I have never even met him! He really is adorable though, nice cake too, I'm so impresed!
Looks good! How did you make the sand? He looks so big.
Happy Birthday Eli! That was a cute cake! I can't believe he is 1 year old... Hey, I'm having an usborne book party on Nov. 6th and obviously you can't come but if you still wanted to order something, the eshow for my party is www.ubah.com/HOS125109. Anyway, hope everything is going well for you guys!
Yep that is what Eric looks like for his birthday every year too. But my cakes are always rectangular. I love the turtle one!
He is so dang cute. And so is that cake.
What a great cake! I'm totally impressed!! I can't believe he's a year old, time flies.... are you coming out here for the holidays by the way??
I love him sooo much!!! And I love that new family photo you have up it is soo cute! hug hug kiss kiss kiss hug kiss Naachooo
Post a Comment