we spent a long time in utah for winter break.....it was so great, lots of food, family, games, snow, sleeping in, and just general relaxing....
really. lots.
there was a small catch though....
i had to be pregnant the whole time..
not just pregnant, 8 months swollen, uncomfortable pregnant.
the uncomfortable part must have been obvious because everyone kept saying things like
'wow, somebody is ready to pop'
'i swear you are bigger since you got here'
'i think you are even bigger than you were yesterday'
'maybe its twins! hahahaha' (this one is always meant as a joke, so how come its never funny?)
or my favorite, from my mom...
'i would have never booked a ticket for the day after your due date if i would have seen you!'
translation: you're huge and there is no way you are going to wait for me to get there before you have the baby...
lovely things. all of them.
so everyone has decided to second guess nature and doctors and made their own 'educated guesses' as to when i am going to actually have this baby.
education provided by personal observation of my enlarged abdomen only...
here they are..
mom-feb 24, girl
jess-feb 18, boy
jr-feb 14, boy
kalli-feb 22, boy
tom-feb 19, boy
erin-feb 28, girl
brady and i got in on it too
brady-feb 23, boy
me-feb 17, girl
eli just keeps saying we are going to have a baby girl named alice...like his favorite persons little sister......
so what do you think?
Saturday, February 6, 2010
the contest
Posted by brooke at 5:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
18 comments:
Triplets - three girls, March 15th.
evil. just evil. the girl part would be fun. the rest. sucks.
So, what do I get if I guess right? I say girl Feb. 20th.
you just said feb. 17th cause you want to beat me...
hey! i was still in utah when we made these predictions!
Don't know when, but I'll guess first part of next week and it will be a girl.
February 26th GIRL no BOY, no um ...
Ok my guess is Boy on the 26th. Just come see us and then you'll go into labor, it worked last time :-) Miss you guys!
Doh! Hate comments like that! Good luck with the final stretch, it is NO FUN!
Feb. 20-- Boy
And it was so great to see you when you were in Utah. Glad you got back safely... kept listening to see if you were the next one to deliver on a plane. :-)
I say a girl on the 15th. WAHOOO!!! I am sure getting excited for you, and I have NEVER in my life seen you big. I don't believe it.
Oh I can't wait to see what you have! I'm awful at guessing so I'm not even going to attempt. Good luck with everything!! Love ya
Hmmm...how about girl, Feb. 15th? I'm waiting for that phone call in the middle of the night!
I think it's definitely a girl...how bout tomorrow - then she would share a birthday with Jordan.
And enough about looking huge! I think you look way cute, and I'm not the kind of person (um, like you) who lies about something like that. :)
I'll have to go with Brady for a boy on the 23rd (that's my little boy's birthday; he was due on the 1st of March).
Girl- 21st. What do we win if we are right?
Just let me know when it happens... I've been meaning to call you to see how you are! And I think you looked GREAT when you were out here over break. Just for giggles, I'll say girl tomorrow, Feb 18th ;)
I think I'm gonna be right!!! We'll see what do i get if i win tho?
Hry Brooke, I hope you aren't pregnant and that you're just to busy holding a new baby to update us with the day, gender, weight, but...if not, good luck with the next few days!
I'm excited to hear about your new baby!
Post a Comment