we went for a little drive, a family outing if you will, and i said to brady
"don't donuts sound good?"
being the last few and final days of pregnancy, i thought i could live it up a little...
(we really never eat donuts, so he knew i meant it...)
when i said that, this is the image that popped into my head:
you know assorted, frosted, sprinkled, chocolate, powdered, jellied, glazed.....the works.
sounds delicious right??
brady volunteered to 'run in and get some' asking what kind i wanted...
"oh just an assortment, you know", i confidently said...
he came back carrying a box and a couple of drinks (bonus pts. for the drinks, they weren't on the list)
so i eye the box which is looking suspiciously small and i begin to doubt, or at least remember who it is i am dealing with......
"whadidya get", i less confidently ask....
"donut holes" he proudly admits..........
"oh" i say, but on the inside i am thinking to myself, 'donut holes??? grooooaan... i guess i deserve this, i didn't specify, i did however say donuts...not donut holes...there is a difference, right?'
all the while, i kept a straight face, and (i am very proud of this): said nothing, ate a few donut holes and we still enjoyed the afternoon together.
there was just this little donut craving that went un-satisfied.....and let's be honest....who needed them anyway?
i'm just saying. there is a difference.
8 comments:
That's a guy for ya, you have to talk to them like they're children. At least that's what my doctor laura book says...
Hilarious...I love my pastries and donut holes usually don't cut it for me either! You'll have to get a dozen, hand-picked and engorge yourself before the baby comes. Hang in there..it's almost here!
Sounds familiar we must be married to brothers! Good for you for zipping your lip and eating the holes .... what a gal! And yes a difference, a good one, you complement each other!
You are a good woman and a good wife. You bet your booty I would be sending Karl RIGHT back in....after I ate a few donut holes. hahaha. I love it.
This made me laugh. Were the holes at least 'assorted' or were they all just glazed? Gotta love Brady!
That is so funny. I swear this happens all the time. You say one thing and if you are not specific enough it just doesn't happen. You can't be mad forever though, I just have to remember that at least he was willing do to whatever it was I wanted him to do. I totally have experienced that same feeling. Good luck you can hang in there just a few more days right?
hee hee, but what I really want to know is what went wrong with that donut on the bottom right 2nd one in? Good luck with the delivery! Jealous...only 200 and some odd days to go here...
That is so funny, when you have a craving and an idea of what that it, nothing else will do! You are sooo good, I probably would have gone in and got a few more.
Post a Comment