This is Brady, First, I need to clarify a few things from Brooke's last blog, lest any of you doubt my taste in fine pastries or intuition as to exactly what my wife wants. I'll cut right to the chase. When I came back to the car and Brooke asked me what I got, I didn't actually reply "donut holes" as she so brazenly libeled me. What I really said was "Timbits." For those sophisticates such as myself who have spent any amount of time in the north country (Canada), you will know that Timbits are the very symbol of a refined palate, and are a great Canadian tradition like unto curling, the Cadbury Wunderbar and the classic film "Strange Brew." They come from none other than Tim Horton's, the Rolls Royce of donut chain stores and we just happen to have on here in Ithaca. So as you can see, this was no mistake at all, but a grossly unappreciated gesture of the deepest kind of love. I should also point out that these little morsels of perfection were, in fact, assorted, for those of you who have the audacity to question this.
I'm sure this whole situation is much clearer now for all of you and hope you aren't too hard on Brooke. I would also hope that in the future women everywhere might try a little harder to look beyond their husband's apparent foolishness at times, and try to understand the wisdom and the love that guides our every action.
All of this leads me to the other, and arguably more important news. Yesterday (February 24) Brooke finally had our new baby, a 9 lb 2 oz boy. We're calling him Abram and both he and Mom are doing very well. Without sounding too proud, I'd also like to point out a certain carrot prophecy that was made some months ago and say that those fancy schmancy ultrasound machines are overrated.
21 comments:
alright.
1.i revoke all author priviledges from this time henceforth.
2.then buy a wunderbar
3.you do, in fact, admit they sell donuts.
4.it was 3 oz. (i'm pretty sure that makes it harder)
5.the baby is 'other news' the rest of our new baby announcement is about you.
and...
6. i love you. thanks for taking care of little man while i went to the hospital..
Yeah! Congrats! I hope all went well. I hear that you had to do it along Brooke. I'm so sorry that Eli is still sick. At least you mom is "supposed" to get here tomorrow, right? (I guess that's probably weather permitting)
Let me know if there is anything I can do for you or for your husband and sick son while you're gone. I hope you're doing well!
Again congrats on the little guy. You broke the running of all the "surprise babies" being girls. But you didn't break the "all the surprise babies the same sex as their older sibling." Awesome!
Brady you are funny. Abram is SO so cute. Congrats guys.
I love this little guy so much!! I can't wait to see you all in May! MISS YOU!!!
Congrats guys, he is BEAUTIFUL! I love big healthy babies. My first was 9 lbs and 1/2 oz, but I couldn't get her out (c-section! boo!) so I'm glad that you are doing well.
You guys are too funny!
Congrats! What a cute little guy! I'm glad to hear you are both doing well. Enjoy this precious time with your sweet little one. And PLEASE let us know what we can do to help.
Wow..were you and Robin roomies? Congrats, he is a doll! Not to mention quite a big guy. Hope all went well. From Trina's post it sounds like you were quite the trooper. Can't wait to see him!
YAY YAY YAY! I am so glad you got some Timbits. Oh wait and Abram is cool too! I love him! I am glad he is here.
Way to go, 9 pounds!!
I love him. Can't wait to meet him. And those assorted donuts look SOOO good. Don't you get a few days off since you're nursing? I'll go get us a box right now!
What a big boy but a cute one at that. I totally see eli in the second picture. Congratulations. Can't wait to hear the whole story.
Congratulations! He's darling and we're so happy for your wonderful little family. Can't wait to see him in person.
Brady---love your writing style. You're in the wrong field of study. :-)
Brooke---my guess is actual donuts might be coming your way in the future...even if not from Brady.
Congratulations! He is so handsome! I can see a little bit of Brooke and Brady in him. I can't decide who he looks like more. I hope Eli feels better soon. Ironically enough, my Eli was sick just before his sister was born too. Luckily for us, he was over it before we got back from the hospital.
Congrats you two! Yay, another boy! Can't wait to see more pictures.
It always cracks me up when husbands post something on the family blog. Brady is a great guy though ... he even helped me shovel the 14 feet of snow piled up around my car today since my husband was out of town.
Congratulations Ewing family! Abram looks like a sweetie. I'm glad to hear baby boy and Brooke are doing well. I can't wait to see him.
He's PERFECT!! Congratulations!!
congratulations brooke! so glad you had such a fun bunk mate... wish i was there to join y'all.
look at that little love...i hope you guys are doing well. and i love brady's defense. very cute.
What a little stud! Congrats, and it was good to hear the other side of the story! Whew!
-Tiff
Hooray! He is beautiful and I LOVE the name :)
brady = hilarious.
baby abe and i will always have a special bond seeing that i forced myself on brooke to be there when he was born. i better be considered his godmother.
Post a Comment