your first friend is always a special one.
you know, the one who sits by you on the bus that first day of kindergarten...
the first person who sits next to you in the lunchroom...
your first friend that drives, liberating both of you from the woes of parental supervision...you know, like having to 'call your mom to come get you at the bowling alley' kind of stuff...
the first 'friend with benefits'
there are many more i'm sure you can think of...
well how about
or the first friend you met the day you were born who shared a binky with you and a room and even a middle name?
well that is a picture of abe and his first friend....whom at this point was little no name, but don't worry, 24 hours later it was all resolved...
so thank you robin and sawyer for an unforgettable and very near to my heart experience.
i really don't know what i would have done without you!
and robin, cayuga medical will always have us.
i think they will be telling that story for a while...
i mean, who has a baby and takes their precious rest time to come down and stand there helping someone else.....thank you.
*sidenote* that is abe on the left....he looks twice as big a sweet little sawyer...our little 9 lb 3 oz bundle of joy!
11 comments:
so for the whole story, please click the link on the 'hold your leg during delivery part' no one can write it quite like robin did...esp. me
That is such an awesome story and such a special time to share!
Congratulations! Abram is so handsome. Thanks for posting pictures so I can keep up with your family.
That's awesome that you were there together and able to be together! Sorry Brady missed it, but if a husband can't be there, and great friend is an awesome second!
Ok seriously. Were you going to deliver your baby ALONE!?!?! You are seriously a super hero. Robin is an awesome friend and one that I am sure you will never lose contact with. That is such a precious story and I am totally jealous of her, you are BEYOND fun and I am sure that is the best birth story I have ever heard.
I still can't believe it all worked out like that. So glad someone could be there for you. I can just picture the two of you together... yep, I'm sure the nurses will never forget you!
what a sweet post.
that picture almost makes me cry. again. i need to stop all this crying.
robin! stop crying! like... stop! i can't handle all of this emotion from my fellow non-emotional friend.
seriously great, story, though.
I'm still kind of in awe over the fact that a friend of mine from hs in Utah would meet a friend/former roommate of mine from Idaho, in New York, and then go on to share a hospital room. It almost sounds planned. How fun for you two. Congrats again on your big guy (I was going to say little).
i don't even know what to write. that is the sweetest.
Love your post, Brooke. And what a great picture.
Post a Comment